Welcome to another article in my “Unwrapped” series.
Have you ever had a situation, where you were full of sorrow or pain (even physical) when out of the blue something beautiful came along and took your breath away by its sheer beauty? That could be another person, a sunset, a great piece of art, something so simple as a flower in the dirt, or a great, comforting cup of tea. And in that moment, you realized that your sorrows were gone and even your pain. And somehow your life didn’t felt so dark anymore. And you felt peace and bliss within you, maybe even while the physical pain still stayed.
Weren’t you tempted in these moments to grab that object of beauty and wanted to keep it forever? And yet somehow you never could.
What Will You Get out of It (if You Participate)?
By following this exercise (remember reading alone wouldn’t help you with it) you will:
- learn a way to experience bliss whenever you want
- be able to quiet your mind from sorrows and anxiety in one minute or less
- learn that you are the one who creates bliss and beauty in your life
Background Info: Beauty Is Not Within the Object, but Within the Viewer.
Beauty is one way for us, to experience that wonderful state called bliss. Yet we must acknowledge to ourselves, that the power is not in the object, but within us, since a lot of people just weren’t touched just like we were in that moment. So the object of beauty only triggered the bliss state within us. Another way to describe triggering is, that we allowed ourselves to feel bliss by looking at this object of beauty.
Therefore, we could trigger this state again, by realizing the beauty that is all around us – everywhere.
Action Steps: Now It Is Time to Stop Reading and Start Doing
- Look around you now and see, what is around you. Pick one thing. That could be a flower, a person smiling, a scenery, a good tea, or anything else. Even if it consists of multiple things (like a scenery or nature) take it as one complete entity. Don’t pick out any detail. Let it be one.
- Take a deep breath in, hold it for a second and then let it flow out of you slowly.
- Focus your total awareness on the one thing.
- Let your eyes and your mouth turn into a smile
- Recognize how beautiful that thing in front of you is. How perfect (even if it is imperfect). See it as one of the most beautiful creations that you ever came across.
- Feel yourself being full of awe by that thing. Let your focus get sucked in by the beauty of this thing.
- Remember how lucky you are, that this thing is in your life. Feel grateful for it. Say “Thank you for being in my life.”
- Tell yourself, how lucky you are, that you could experience this moment.
- Allow yourself to feel bliss now and be content with what just is. Feel this feeling grow inside yourself and let it expand throughout your body. Shower your whole body and existence with it. Let this feeling fill every corner of your body and soul. Feel it like you would feel a warm shower covering you from head to toe. If you want a more thorough explanation of this process, read here.
Remember – Bliss like any other state, is not something that comes from the outside. It always comes from the inside, and we just use the outer world to remember ourselves about the beauty within us.
Bliss is a decision.